Saturday, February 18, 2012

Cooper -18 Month

Little Cooper turned 18 months on the 5th of February!  Although he's not really that little... he weighs 30lbs.!  The twins only weigh 27 lbs. each and they are 2 years older!  I love my big boy!!!  Cooper is talking a lot more and is even starting to put some words together.  He still grunts a lot when he wants something but he has started saying water, bath, teeth, bowl, and things like that to let me know what he wants.  He says I love you, Thank you, car, truck, and tons more stuff.  And can repeat almost anything you ask him to.  Cooper loves baths, dinosaurs, books, bananas, green beans, brushing his teeth, his daddy, and his Momo.  Actually he loves everybody, but he is always WAY happy to see Daddy or Momo walk through the door!  He sleeps from 8pm to 7:30am every night and takes on nap during the day usually from 11am to 2pm.  He is perfectly sweet and is just a good baby!  Love him!!!
We did see Dr. Dimmeck for his 18 month well baby check-up, but I'm afraid that was our last visit to STMC for him anyway.  Although it is very convenient to have a Dr. local, I often times question the care we were getting and wondering what another doctors opinion would be. Looking back, I still think something should have been done about the shape of Camron's head very early on.  It has turned out to be ok, but still wish we could have done better.  Anyway none of my kids are very sickly little kids and in fact the twins have never even had an ear infections.  Well, Cooper is on his third since Christmas.  This is why I took him to a new pedi this week.  Since the problem kept reoccurring, I wanted to get another opinion about what was going on.  We found Dr. McDavitt at Grand Parkway Pediatrics though the suggestion of family and friends.  We actually love her!  She was very good with Cooper and checked him out thoroughly and prescribed him a "more potent" antibiotic that hopefully will knock the infection out for good.  If not she will refer us to an ENT to make sure his hearing is not being affected.  If it is, he will have to have tubes put in.  I hope it doesn't come to this and really wish for the best.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I used dr. Mcdavitt with Connor when we lived in sugar land and loved her! Then we moved to ec and it was getting old driving there for any little sickness we had.