Tuesday, June 2, 2009
I'm Stressing...
I so don't know what I am doing when it comes to these kids and introducing them to solids. They are turning 8 months tomorrow and ideally (from what I read) they should be having 4 bottles a day and 3 solids feedings. Currently we do 5 bottles and 2 feedings. And the absolute worst part of my day is the 2 solid feedings! We all hate it. They do not want to eat anything - ever. Sara mentioned that her girls wouldn't eat her homemade baby food and I thought maybe that was it so I went back to Gerber but still nothing. The only time we have a half way decent meal is if they are not too hungry or not too full and not sleepy at all and if Daddy is no where around (he is a major distraction). I need ideas! I need to know what, where and when to feed them. Until then, I am going to remember that they are teething and that we still have 4 months to perfect eating. Hopefully they will catch-on sooner or later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The only advice I have is to try mixing it with fruit. No matter what it is, squash, turkey rice, green beans...mix with bananas, peaches, etc to sweeten it up. And yes, they can't be starving because they really want a bottle when they are starving and won't eat a thing. I haven't necessarily heard that you need to feed 3/day and my doc says 2 good feedings are fine. Adde & Clare are eating about 5oz 2 times/day. I usually feed bottle around 10am and then feed baby yogurt mixed with baby food bananas or peaches around 11am. This way they aren't starving or full. Then I usually feed dinner about 5:30/6pm with Veggies and follow up with a little applesauce or pears...a lighter fruit. Not sure what else to tell you, but it took A & C a while to catch on and like to eat solids, but we still have times when don't eat and I just put them down and try again later.
Thanks Britni! Tonight I tried Turkey and Rice with a side of Green Beans and Camron ate it up and Livy did ok too. ??? I'm going to do like you said and offer it to them and if they don't want it I will get them down and try agian later. I really think it's the teeth and hopefully it will get better.
girl, these kiddos will be like mine and practically skip baby food and want baby food at a year old. Don't stress, you are doing a great job and they are perfect! There never is a "set schedule"- they are right on track!
Michelle
Post a Comment