Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dory's Dinners - Beefy Macaroni

OMG! The pressure is on! My friend (and 3rd or 4th cousin???) Sara Berry-Macha gave me a shout-out on her new blog about cooking. I think I inspired her :) So now, through her, more people might check out my recipes and I feel the pressure to produce. For tonight's meal I actually searched the web for a recipe and found this one on http://www.allrecipes.com/ - a site I use quite frequently because you can search the recipes by ingredient. Great for me since it's hard to just run to town for something I need and I usually have to make do with what I have on hand. I always seem to have ground beef, so I found this recipe that even has veggies. If any of you new viewers are viewing I wanted to remind you that my recipes are rarely (if ever) healthy and my cooking style would probably be southern comfort or meat and potatoes. Oh, and I haven't posted a meal the past few nights because Monday we grilled burgers and Tuesday I broiled steaks. If I ever get really good, I might try to post weekly menu plans.



Beefy Macaroni - *** - It was ok, but I over salted (garlic salt instead of garlic powder :( )

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup stewed, diced tomatoes
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained

DIRECTIONS
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef for 5 minutes. Add the onion and saute for 5 to 10 more minutes. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Add the tomato sauce, stewed OR diced tomatoes, corn and cooked macaroni. Stir well and allow to heat through, about 5 to 7 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dory, thanks for the link to my blog, though I noticed it has an extra http.
I have a recipe very similar to this that we just love and I always through in extra veggies, like squash, etc.
Just wanted to stop by and say hi, and your twins are cutie pies!

Labay Family said...

Ok Jenna, I fixed the link - thanks for letting me know. I love your blog and I have mentioned it to several friends that also like to see your recipes and those two handsome little men of yours!