Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dory's Dinners - Slow Cooker Scalloped Chicken

Slow Cooker Scalloped Chicken - This is tasting like it's going to be really good - I only wish I had a loaf of homemade bread to serve along with it.

Here is the recipe:
5 oz. pkg. scalloped potatoes
scalloped potatoes dry seasoning pack
4 chicken breast halves or 8 legs
10 oz. pkg. frozen peas
2 cups water

Put potatoes, seasoning pack, chicken and peas in slow cooker. Pour water over all. Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4 hours.

How easy! I didn't have scalloped potatoes so I used AuGratin Potatoes and it seems to be working out just fine.

I am going to start to use the slow cooker more often. My busiest time of the day is from 4pm to 8pm. During this time the babies eat a solid and a bottle and also have a bath and get ready for bed. Between all this I am usually making supper and welcoming Daddy home from work and still trying to watch Entertainment Tonight! So by using the crock pot I can cut out making supper in the evening - I can make it in the morning and let it cook all day! It's a win, win.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I love using the crock pot. I have a few crock pot recipes on my blog if your interested, it makes life so much easier and the meat so tender, yum!

Sounds like a keeper I will have to try it. Love your new header, they are so cute, and all that hair, can I say jealous, with my 2 little baldies.

Grace and Avery said...

Of Course, you wish you had made a homemade loaf of bread. I mean in all of your free time, I'm sure you wanted to make a homeade loaf of bread. Are your twins not filling your quiet moments with something to do. I could always send my 2 yr. old twins to your house to help out!

Labay Family said...

LOL. Sara, if your read carefully I said I wish I had a loaf of homemade bread - not I wish I had made a loaf of homemade bread! Girl, I wouldn't know the first thing to making bread. I go to HEB and get those freash made loafs of Pan Francis bread. They are so good! Yeah, I'm not perfect but I like to stay busy. These kids are a handfull and it's getting harder now that they are crawling all over the house. I joked the other day to Brent and told him I needed two kennels! Your girls are beautiful and I like the post about your husband letting them get into the water tub shoes and all. I bet you 'bout died! That was funny!