Peppered Beef Brisket in Beer
1-4lb. beef brisket, trimmed
3/4 tsp pepper
3/4 cup beer
1/2 cup chili sauce3 tbsp brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
3 tbsp water
Place onion rings in a 4 qt. electric slow cooker. Sprinkle brisket with pepper. Place over onion rings in slow cooker. (Cut brisket in half to fit in slow cooker, if necessary.) Combine beer and next 3 ingredients; pour over brisket. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 to 6 hours or on LOW 8 to 12 hours.
Remove brisket to serving platter, reserving juices in slow cooker. Combine flour and water, stirring well; slowly wisk into juices in slow cooker. Cook, uncovered, on HIGH 5 mins. or until thickened, stirring often. Serve sauce over brisket.
3 comments:
Hey Dory,
Haven't seen you in forever...saw your blog on someone else's...the kids are so cute! I love your recipe posts...maybe I can get some ideas for Joel...we seem to stick to the same ol' same ol'..
Jennifer (Johnson) Green
Hi Jennifer! Yeah, it's been a long time. Are you guys still in town? I love blogging my recipes and it forces me to try different things. Otherwise I would stick to the same ol' things too. If you ever have any ideas for me to try, I'd love to hear about it. Take care.
This one sounds wonderful...can't wait to try it!!
Thanks for all your recipe posts. Of course, I haven't tried any yet..I'm a terrible wife and mother...I don't cook!!! But this one, I think I can handle!
Post a Comment