Tuesday, May 19, 2009

New Subject Matter For My Blog

All I ever talk about on my blog is the kids and that might just be boring to some people (but not me :) ) So I think I would like to sometimes talk about "Dory's Dinners". I am giving my nightly family supper a cute title because sometimes they deserve it! Here are the disclaimers: I cook most nights, but not every night. I cook good food that is not necessarily good for you. In fact I don't think I ever cook healthy food. We do not eat veggies - I might throw a canned green bean or corn in there on a very rare occasion. There will always be a meat and a starch. I cook very very easy suppers and they are often creative or at least creatively named.
I absolutely hate trying to decide what to make for supper every night. I wish Brent would wake up in the morning and tell me what he would like and that would make my life soooo much easier. To make it even harder I always have to "make do" with the groceries I have on hand since I can't just run out to pick up something I need. For these reasons I often have to be very creative. For my blogs I will usually have a pic of the meal and if it needs it, I will have instructions or the recipe.
My hope in blogging my suppers is to force myself to try new recipes and cook more often and maybe even healthier. Also, I would like everyone to offer up any ideas of things I could try. All you have to do is click on comments under my blog post and type me a message.

Here is what we are having tonight:

Dory's Dinner - Pizza
The pizza shell is a packaged pizza crust that I just had to add water and mix. The sauce is Boboli pizza sauce. I topped it with mozzarella cheese and browned hamburger meat. This pizza was on the small side so with the left over toppings I took torn pieces of crescent roll dough and put it into muffin pan pods and made mini pizzas.




1 comment:

sunshine at dawn said...

You are sooo creative! I'm going to have to try this pizza thing! "Dory's dinners"....I like it!

By the way, I LOVE hearing about your kiddos, so don't stop those blogs either!

~Dawn