Monday, May 18, 2009

Campbell's Kids??? Really???

Well, let me explain the title of this blog post: I had sent a pic of the kids into the Houston Chronicle for a photo contest similar to the one the Victoria Advocate did when I sent Olivia's pig-tail picture in. On this site other viewers can make comments about the photos. Our picture had one single comment and this is what it said - "Campbell's Kids!" I was like what the hell? I had no idea what this meant and I was offended! Someone I didn't know talking mess about my babies! So I had to google "Campbell's Kids" and I found out that a long time ago (before I was born) Campbell's Soup did an advertising campaign featuring what they call their "chubby faced, cherub like twins" spokes children. Here is a pic of the original Campbell's Kids



And here is the photo I submitted

Ok, so maybe they do look like the Campbell's Kids - Olivia just needs to go blonde!
Maybe I'll email Campbell's Soup and see if they need new spokes children to bring that campaign back. LOL.
This weekend was great. On Saturday I helped host a bridal shower for my cousin Jessica and we had a really good time and it turned out very nice. I took Olivia with me and she was very good while Camron stayed home with Daddy and played all afternoon. Then yesterday we just stayed home and watched the Rockets lose. I also did something yesterday that I am really excited about - I finally made some baby food! I have been wanting to try this for a long time and I think I can really save some money. I made carrots and cantaloupe. The cantaloupe I will use for snacks and the carrots will be used every day (they love them)! I filled ice cube trays with the puree and froze them. I bet they will really like the cantaloupe "popsicles" for when we go sit outside in this nice warm weather. As for the carrots I will just take out a few cubes at a time and let them thaw out for eating at supper time. I found a really good website with recipes to make your own food and they also have really good advice too - it's http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/.
Another battle I am having right now is wipes and diapers. I have always used Pampers diapers and sensitive wipes. Well, Wal-Mart had a special on their brand of wipes and I had a really good coupon for Huggies diapers so I tried something different. Big mistake! Their heinnies are red and sensitive to those yucky wipes and I am upset about it and I just don't like those diapers, so today I will go buy all new stuff and throw out a case of wipes and a case of diapers!

No comments: