Monday, January 3, 2011

Potty Training Times 2

Today the twins are 2 years and 3 months old we are celebrating by potty training!  Ever since their 2nd Birthday I have been saying that once Christmas was over we would start the New Year potty training.  Well, then this weekend my Sister-In-Law was telling me how Avie was moving to a special classroom at her daycare where they go to potty train and i had never felt so jealous in my life!  I would totally love to send mine off to school to PT!  Avie's potty training inspired and reminded me that we (I) have work to do.  After a ton of research we decided that "diaperless" is the way to go.  Diaperless is the way to go if you are trying to do the 3 Day potty training method.  This means lots of fluids, no diapers, no pull-ups and no training pants.  The point is that you WANT them to have accidents and you WANT them to dislike it so much that they WANT to use the potty.  Sounds easy right???  So yesterday evening we prepared for this morning to say bye-bye diapers!  I was a little scared when we "tried" our new panties on after baths and Cam hated them.  He wouldn't even stand up to show them to me.  I have never been so nervous in my life - I barely slept last night!  First thing this morning, it was on.  Cam woke up with a dry diaper so I seized the opportunity to run to sit on the potty to see if anything would happen.  Guess what... he tee teed!  I think this is just what we all need to boost our confidence.  The morning was rough and tiring... there were accidents and successes.    When they do "go" on the potty they get to pour it out and flush it themselves into the big potty (they love this).  They also get one M&M and they get to put a star on their chart all by themselves!  I told them the chart is so that we can show Daddy how many times we went while he is at work.  Here is our chart as of mid-day.

Cam tee-teed 3 times and Olivia 2 times
My facebook friends gave me a ton of support and great advice so I did have to call Mom in for help so I could run to Wal-Mart for some "supplies" that my friends said I could not do without (like M&M's and a timer).  She also ran to get us some food since I was completely unaware that lunch time had snuck up on us.  With a busy morning of cleaning accidents and changing panties and dumping successes down the "big potty" I almost forgot to feed us.  And poor Mr. Cooper... he's been hanging out in his bouncer in the hallway in front of the bathroom just dying for someone to pay him just a tiny bit of attention.   Anyway, now is nap time and both kids are in bed sleeping WITHOUT a diaper!  I made sure they had gone just before they layed down and also I made sure the bed protector thingy was under their sheet before they got in.  I told them both to just call Mommy if they need to go tee tee and I would come get them.  We'll see how this goes.  I'll keep updating our progress and please leave me a comment if you have any words of wisdom for me!   Also, please say a little prayer for my carpets, furniture and my sanity!  Thanks!

No comments: