Monday, August 16, 2010

Cooper's First Road Trip

Ok. Ok. I know he's only a week old, but I promise you, he probably ever even knew we left the house!  Saturday was Brent's first day back at work and my first day of being home alone with all three kids.  We were bored at home without Daddy and plus we had been home all week and we really wanted to get out of the house.  We wanted to go to the bay.  Mom and Dad were down there and Dad was making BBQ for lunch and hey, we need to eat right???  So I spent ALL morning packing and we headed down there.  Three kids require a lot of crap.  Especially this new little guy with all the bottles, and pumping equipment - gosh!  Anyway, I was nervous about taking such a little baby on a road trip but I did good and drove VERY carefully and once we got there, he just slept in the air conditioned house the entire time.  Like I said, he never even knew we left the house.  
We had such a good time!!!  Here we are with Momo and Popo doing what we absolutely LOVE doing at the bay - riding in the golf cart.  When they aren't in the pool, they are in the golf cart.  (See Cam driving... he loves it!)
 
And here we are doing our other favorite thing to do at the bay.  Swimming and eating popsicles!
I even got to sit out in the sunshine for a little bit.  It was nice to be able to be outside for more than a second without being exhausted and miserable.  I do not like being pregnant.  Can ya tell???
Plus, my sister is getting married in a month and I needed a little color to me. 

1 comment:

Jane said...

I am glad that you had a wonderful time. Having some time even to get sunshine for a couple of minutes is a luxury when you have kids to care about. I only have one daughter, but I feel that she takes up most of my time. lol! I wish you all the best.