Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm Home!

Well, I'm home. Yesterday morning about 15 minutes after I posted that last blog post they set me free. Every morning the team of Doctors make their rounds at the hospital visiting their patients but the thing is, you never know what time they will get there or who you will see. So I made sure I was up every morning around 6:30 and I would just sit there and wait. Well, Saturday morning I knew Brent was coming to see me and also it was the first time I was able to shower and plus I knew Dr. Cook was still gone and my chances of going home were zero so I had no reason to wait for the Doctor that morning. And of course as soon as I got in the shower Dr. Melham came by and I missed him. Now, on Sat. I don't think he would have let me go home, but he was the one to take me off all medicines and monitors. Dr. Melham is my #2 Doctor just behind Dr. Cook so I was a little upset I missed him - I had some questions that I really wanted to ask him. So on Sunday morning I slept in and decided that I would wait to shower until after a Doc came by (hoping it would be Dr. Melham again). I waited and waited and around 9:45 here he comes. I was happy to see him and he simple asked if I was ready to go home and of course I said YES! He asked me if the baby was moving good (Yes), if I had any more bleeding (No) and he said ok, go home! Ok Wait! Now, I'm a little scared to come home. I told him what Dr. Nanda had said and scared me about the hemorrhaging and stuff and he said that he just looked at my chart and compared to other previous ultrasounds I had had that that last one looked to him like the placenta was actually moving away from my cervix. I guess Dr. Nanda, not being one of my regular Doctors, wasn't familiar with my other scans. Dr. Melham just gave me specific directions on what to do if I start bleeding really badly and he told me to absolutely do nothing when I get home and we will see how long I last. So now I feel like a ticking time bomb and every time I go to the bathroom I am so scared that I will see bleeding and will have to head right back to the hospital. Anyway, I am glad I'm here and I am still requiring a lot of help and I wish I could just do it all myself. It's way more stressful trying to plan ahead and line up help than anything else. Luckily I have a ton of people that are willing and able so I have to take advantage of them.
Thanks again to everyone for the prayers and thoughts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Dory! So glad you're home! I bet your kiddos were happy to see you (and Brent, too!). Just rest...and rest and rest!

~Dawn