Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Baby Cooper Updates

Yesterday I had doctor's appointments for baby Cooper and I have mixed feelings about what they both had to say. First I saw Dr. Palmer the Neo Specialist - she is convinced that I have gestational diabetes because Cooper is measuring 3 weeks older than he really is and he already weighs 3 lbs. 8 ozs. She suggested that I eat more proteins and limit my carbs and sugar. She also saw that I have placenta previa which is not too harmful as long as it does not cause me to bleed and the only other risk is that I would not be able to have a vaginal birth which I would not have anyway (because of my endometriosis).
Next was Dr. Cook and although I brought a report from Dr. Palmer back to him, he said he is not concerned at all about the Gestational Diabetes adding that I did pass my 3 hour test. He said the bigger the baby the better. And to make sure Cooper's lungs keep up with his growing body I will be given steroid shots at 32 and 34 weeks and we will plan a c-section birth at 37 weeks as long as he is comfortable that Cooper is completely ready to be born.
Other than all of this, I have been feeling better and having less contractions. Yay!

2 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I hope they don't decide you have GD. How much would that diet stink while preggo? Sounds like you're overall doing great :-)
I gave your blog an award (not sure if you do the blog awards or not) Saturday before last if you're interested!

Jennifer Socha said...

Hi Dory!

Yes, Randy did tell me about you as well :) I am so sorry to hear about your previa too. It is so scary to me especially this early.

I so appreciate you contacting me and offering your support and help!

I actually saw you were a follower on my blog and have looked at your site :) Your children are beautiful! Guess we will both get to see life with 3 kids huh?!?!?!?

I love this blog thing!

Best wishes and keep in touch!!!!!!

Jennifer Socha (Mazel)