I guess my body just can't handle it... so, this is DEFINITELY my last! I am right where I tried so hard not to be - the hospital. My past few ultrasounds had been showing some sort of placenta previa problems, but it was just something we were going to keep an eye on until the traumatic events of Tuesday night...
I am going to warn that this info. may be TMI for many of you and if so just stop reading! Again, this post is mainly for me to have to look back on and for my friends to keep up with what's going on with me.
Ok, so Tuesday in the middle of the night I got up to go to the bathroom. I had to pee so bad and I even felt like I had already leaked a little (yuck, I know) so when I got to the bathroom I discovered it was not pee, it was blood. Bright red blood everywhere. Then all of a sudden I felt a big blop fall out of me - it was a huge blood clot the size of my hand and it looked like and had the consistency of a liver (the organ). This is the scariest thing I have ever been through in my life! Brent came in quickly and I know he was so scared too. After I passed the clot the bleeding stopped, but I called my Doctor to see what I should do. My Doctor is in Downtown Houston at Memorial Hermann and we live about an hour and a half away from there. They wanted me to go to the hospital labor and delivery triage ASAP. Well, Brent had to be up at 4:30 to go on a job and the twins were sound asleep in bed so I started calling Mimi's and Momo's. My parents were at the bay (an hour away) so Mom headed toward me and she would be the one to take me to the hospital. Brent's Mom would come to our house at 4:30am and take over "twin duty" as Brent was leaving off to work. After sitting in triage until 11am the next morning, they admitted me to the hospital and immediately started me on the magnesium sulphate (my nightmare). Baby Cooper is just fine and I get to more of that later, but Dr. Cook said that if I started hemorraging or dilating that I would have to deliver ASAP and at this point I am only 31 weeks and Cooper is just not quite ready to be born so we have to do whatever possible to keep him in here. The magnesium sulphate is a slow drip in your IV line that will help with the contractions. It does this my warming and relaxing your uterus and the side effect is that it also warms and relaxes your entire body. Sounds nice, but it is not! It sort puts a cloud over you physically and mentally and you feel like you've been hit by a truck. When I'm on it, I just cry and sleep. Enough about that hell...
So by yesterday afternoon my contractions were almost all gone and still no sign of any bleeding. At this point I am ready to come home - I miss my babies like crazy. But thanks to my wonderful family and my most awesome husband ever, the babies are being well taken care of in my absence. This morning I asked if I could go home on bedrest, but I have been denied. They are scared that I may start to bleed (and it could be severe) and being so far away could put mine and Cooper's life in danger. They say maybe Monday morning (when I am 32 weeks) they will release me. But then this morning after they took me off the mag and I was able to function well enough to take a shower I started bleeding a little bit again. So this is sort of a set back. It has stopped now and I have to just take it easy so that doesn't happen again.
Anyway, here is the problem that was discovered just yesterday at my ultrasound here at the hospital. I have a marginal previa that is 2cm from my cervix. This is causing the bleeding and contractions just irritate it even more. There is nothing that can be done but to try not to disturb it until Cooper is ripe and ready. In good news, the ultrasound found that Cooper is doing so good! He is 4 lbs. 8 ozs. which is huge for a 31 weeker also I had my two steroid shots to develop his lungs. So if he were to be born now, he should be fairly healthy and may just need a little growing/feeding time in the NICU. But, we would rather have zero NICU time so I will do what ever I have to to keep him in here as long as possible. So anyway, I am stuck here for now. Away from the babies and my sweet husband. I am so proud of him though for stepping in for me and playing Mommy while I am away. He is still working during the day while either his Mom or my Mom have the twins. He gets them at night and now this weekend he will be on his own. Well, except for tomorrow for a little while when he comes up here to see me. :)
Since I was feeling better today, Mom and Dusty brought Cam and Livy to see me and I was so happy! I think they were happy too! They couldn't stay long, but we ate lunch together and played for a little bit. And I was super sad when they left.
Well, I have my computer now to keep me company and I'll just hang out here as long as I can with Cooper safe inside of me. I will definitely keep blogging (since I have nothing better to do) so I can keep you informed. If any of you have previa stories or pre-mature birth stories you would like to share with me I would love to read them!
6 comments:
Oh Dory, that is so scary. I am so happy that your in great hands and went to the hospital immediately. You will be in my prayers.
Dory...wow, girl. You hang in there with all your might for your little Cooper man! Having a sweet and helpful hubby is such a blessing, and so is a family that would do anything for the ones they love. You're a phenomenal momma to your babies, and if there's anything I can do for y'all....please, please, please let me know. Praying constantly for you and yours!
~Dawn
Hey Dory! Keeping you guys in our prayers. Hang in there - you are doing wonderfully!!!!
Our twins were born at 31 weeks 3 days, weighing 2#12oz and 3#13oz, so you're right that Cooper is already big for his "age"! I was also on mag after they were born (not before, I had preeclampsia so no labor or anything) so I understand how crappy that makes you feel. I will be keeping you & little Cooper in my thoughts & prayers!
Oh how scary! Cooper is such a great size for a 31 weeker. I'll pray for him to get another 6 weeks of cooking :-)
Oh Dory...I am so sorry to hear that you are back in the hospital during your second pregnancy. I know exactly how that magnesium makes you feel...it is aweful. When I was on it...I got so depressed they had to take me off. I was having terrible nightmares about my baby, Ty. Anyways...I am so glad you are doing better. Both my babies weights were under 4.8 and they were only in NICU for 2 weeks. Sooo hopefully Cooper will wait a little bit longer so he'll be a good birth weight and come hom right away with you and Brent. Good Luck and I'm keeping you and Cooper in my prayers!!!
Post a Comment