This will be a long, boring post with no pictures. It's meant just for me so that I can look back one day and remember some little day to day things that the kids were doing or saying at 20 months old. But if you care to keep reading thats fine too. :)
They usually wake up about 7:30. I sleep until then too, so they are my little alarm clocks. On the days Brent is just working at the shop and he is still home at this time he is the one that goes in and gets them out of bed. They are always so happy to see us in the morning. Livy will take inventory of everything she sees - Baby-ish, Ninnow (pillow), Bubba, Mama, Dada, shirt, nose and all the other body parts. She knows all the body parts so this takes a while. Camron just listens and laughs. On the mornings when Brent is not home the first thing that they both ask for is Dada. Then I have to tell them Daddy is at work. Then they say Dada, wort? Which they keep repeating until I change the subject. We open the blinds on the window so they can look across the street and see Carl-Carl and Mrs. Nelda leaving for work. Nelda, if you read this sorry my children spy on you but they love watching you guys. Also, this occupies one while I change the others diaper. Then its off to the kitchen to get their milk cups ready all the while they are chanting mil-me, mil-me (we call it milky). I tell them to get their pillow ready and they each grab their boppy to lay on while they drink their milk and watch cartoons. Next we make breakfast then they go to their playroom to play while I go take a quick shower and get ready for the day. Once we are all dressed we usually try to find a morning activity to do so they will be tired enough to take a nap after lunch. Most of the time we take a trip to either Wal-Mart or HEB. We always ask Momo to go with us for help. Other things we do are playdates and Museum for Safari Club. Then at 11am Dusty gets off for lunch and we either meet her in town somewhere or she comes to the house and plays with the kids. After lunch, hopefully, the kids lay down for a nap - usually from 1-3 - If I'm lucky! The afternoons zoom by and we are busy having a snack and playing. Then I start thinking about cooking supper around 4pm. When we are lucky Brent gets home shortly after 5pm and I have time to finalize supper and clean the kitchen. He takes over baby duty which helps me out a lot! Supper time is super messy since we are letting the kids learn to feed themselves. We just strip them down to diapers and give them a plate full of food and fort (fork) and let them go at it. After supper it's straight to the bath tub. They love taking a bath! All I have to do is say the word bath and they go running. I bathe them and the first out of the tub to get dried is Camron. Then he runs his naked little butt into the living room to get Brent so he can come in the room with us to help get everybody dressed. I get Olivia out and dried and we join them in the room. We all sit on the floor and like an assembly line the babies get diapered, sauce (lotion) and dressed. We can't figure out why they call the lotion sauce, but it is their favorite part! The rest of the evening is spent playing with Daddy in the living room. We have two ceiling fans in the living room and our most favorite game to play is when Brent throws Baby-ish or Ba-um up on the fan blade and they get stuck up there. Cam and Livy look up there and say uh-no over and over and really loudly. Silly, I know, but it is really funny and they absolutely love for Brent to do this over and over again. Then they want him to pick them up and turn the fan off (I know it should be on, but they say off) so the blades will start to turn and spin their babies off the blades. Other than this "game" Camron loves his big bouncy ball and he can even dribble it like a pro. Olivia, rather than playing, likes to keep the attention on her Daddy. He will ask her where her bo-bo is (even if she doesn't have one at the time) she will search her arms or legs and finally point to a spot. He says awww and kisses it and she lets out a little whimper and buries her head on his shoulder for comfort. It's the funniest, most pitiful thing you will ever see. Also, at this point both kids have learned to climb on the couch, so to minimize the injuries from falling off we have a layer of cushions on the floor for protection. So the kids run back and forth on the couch and tire themselves out. By 8pm it's time for bed. On the way to bed we stop in the bathroom to brush their teeth (which they also love). They say teeth, teeth over and over again until they get their turn. We have a stool in front of the sink and they fight over who gets to go first. I brush one and then the other. When they are done, they go running out of the bathroom to show Daddy their clean teeth. He tells them, "Let me see your teeth" and they show him by smiling all cheezy. Since I have been pregnant Brent has helped out so much in the evenings. He is the one to put them in bed at night and they love this because he swings them in his arms really high back and forth gradually lower and lower until they hit the mattress and then they get tickled like crazy. While each is having their turn at this, the other is watching and laughing hysterically. We all give our kisses and we listen to the babies each say I love you Dada, I love you Mama and we tell them back. Then they say Love you too! It's the sweetest thing!
Another thing I just thought of is that we are trying to teach the kids to count. Olivia does pretty well counting to 5 and Camron can sometimes say 1-2-3. Brent messed up the other day and said peace when Livy held up two fingers so now instead of two she says peace. One, peace, three, four, five! It's amazing how they absorb and catch on to everything you say.
So I just realized that this entire post was about how much the kids love their Daddy! Well, believe me, they like me pretty much too! Daddy just does all the fun stuff and Mommy does all the work. And lets face it, work is not as much fun! But they do have one awesome Dad! Happy Father's Day Brent!
Some of their other favorite things are:
Swimming
Tractors
Cookies
Shoes
Cheese
Nanas
Cheerios
Outside
Puppies
Birds
1 comment:
Aww loved reading about your day!! They are so sweet I love their word for everything and their night time routine.
You will be glad you took the time to write this, they change so quickly.
Post a Comment