Friday, May 28, 2010

Crazy Week!

I'll start with Monday... I had to go back to the doctor this week because I failed my 1 hour glucose test and I was still having a few contractions now and then so they wanted to check me out and make me do the 3 hour glucose test to see weather or not I had gestational diabetes. That test was horrible. The drink they give you is twice as strong as the 1 hour so I got really sick feeling and then on top of that I had blood drawn 4 times! Then there was all the waiting in between blood draws. It sucked! Then because of the concern of the contractions they did a fetal fibronectin test on me to determine my chances of going into labor in the next two weeks. If its negative there is a 99.2% chance that I will NOT go into labor and if it's positive I would have to start meds and bedrest. Mary Jane will only call you if any of your tests are positive and she hasn't called yet so I guess I passed everything! Thank goodness!!! I looked up some menu plans for gestational diabetes and that food was yucko - no carbs, no sugar only lean proteins and some fruit. I love fruit but I also love carbs so that diet would have been really hard to do. I will go back in another two weeks for another fetal fibro test to "buy" me another 2 weeks of pregnancy (I am only 27 weeks this week).
Now for some fun stuff... My Dad was off a few days this week and so my parents were down at the bay for a few days. The kids and I woke up to a beautiful day Wednesday morning so we packed up and headed south to spend the day with Momo and Popo! We had soooo much fun and we even convinced Dusty to take the rest of the day off and come with us! It was a day of no rules so after a great lunch of cheetoes (with a few bites of ham and cheese sandwich) we headed to Cape Carancahua for some swimming (during nap time) and then back to the bay house for some freeze pops. The babies had so much fun and never even missed their nap until the ride home around 5pm! Momo bought them a little pool at the bay house and some really cute chairs so we got to just hang out and relax. Then when we got to the big pool at the Cape they were sort of scared at first, but by then end they were kicking and splashing in the baby part and just having a blast! We were the only ones at the pool that day and we ALL got it. Even me with my big ol floating belly. It actually felt really good to stretch my aching bones and get a little exercise. Here are some pics of the kiddos having fun.


Oh my gosh, this is a long post.

There is more... So ever since the twins were born I have been dealing with the fact of what should I do with my two little dogs. I have two older dogs a miniature schnauzer and a chihuahua. They are inside dogs but when the babies came home from the hospital and since we were in our brand new house the dogs were moved to the laundry room. And they have been there ever since. I feel really bad for them but I just never felt like anyone would want them or care for them the way I do. So I still have them. I take them out 3 times a day to potty and when it's nice outside they have a little kennel that they stay in to play in the yard. But with this new baby on the way and me being exhausted all the time I have got to find these dogs a new home. Not so easy... I put them on the Trading Post (a local radio classified ad place) yesterday and I got a ton of calls. I finally found someone that I thought would be a good home, but after they came to get them and took them home they called to say that their dog was not getting along with my dogs and they wanted to bring them back! Ugh. So now I still have the dogs. If I put them on again some of those same yucky people will call me again and I am not going to give them to a yucky person. I am so stressed out! I will just be happy when they are gone and I can clean my utility room and have a ton more room in there for my ironing board and sewing machine!

Then... Yesterday Olivia was warm all day with a mild fever. But in the afternoon about half way through her nap she woke up screaming! I ran in and she was red and blotchy looking, I grabbed her and she was burning up. Here temp was 103.2! Mom said to put her in a cool bath (which she hated) and I gave her some motrin and some ice water to drink and all this got her down to 100.3. I called the doctor and they had me bring her in right away. There was no ear infection and she was negative for strep so she said she probably has a viral infection and all I can do is watch her and treat the fever. Oh, yeah and that she is contagious. Great! This morning she was still a little warm but she seems to be feeling okay now.

2 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Ugh, that test sounds just awful. I'm a carb addict myself.

We used to have a little pug that was really high needs and after i had Pierce it became obvious that she needed a new home. I actually went on the website for a local pugs group and posted. I found the perfect new owner - when I went to this lady's house she was wearing a pug t-shirt and had pug plates decorating all the walls! Not too long ago she was in the paper with her 3 pugs. I hope you have a similar success story. :-)

Unknown said...

Hey Dory - Hope Olivia starts to feel better soon! Eli had the same high fever virus earlier this week. He had a fever for two days, with it reaching 102.4. We took him in because he was blotchy and had a rash around his mouth. The doctor, too, said it was viral. After the initial 24-36 hours, the fever was gone. He didn't have any other symptoms.