Monday, May 3, 2010

Vacation!!!! - NOT

My poor husband has worked for almost a year now without a day off. Well, there have been days that he has been home, but he is always on-call. On-call means we cannot go anywhere just in case a job calls in - then he has to go. So finally he got a week of vacation for exactly 5 days... today (Monday) thru Friday. Although we didn't have any really big plans, we had the whole week mapped out. Tuesday he was finally getting to go to a doctors appointment with me to see baby Cooper, and one of the days Brent and I were planning a fishing trip for just the two of us. The other days were still up in the air and there was even talk of taking the babies on that drive-thru safari. And on Thursday Dusty and I were going to take the kids to the fair in the wagon. Well, now all are plans are out the window. Saturday afternoon I started having contractions. I only had like two so I wasn't too concerned. We had company over and the kids played outside all afternoon and maybe I over-did it a little. Then Sunday morning I woke up not feeling too well but I had a busy day ahead - I was a judge for the Wee Folks Pet Show at the Wharton Co. Youth Fair. It was really hot out there and I stayed for about 3 hours and I got home feeling exhausted. By this time the contractions had gotten really bad and I was having a lot of them. By 9pm I had to call my doctor to see what he wanted me to do. With my pregnancy with the twins this is the exact time (24 weeks) that I was hospitalized for the first time. I was so upset because I was just so sure this pregnancy would be different and just easy. Dr. Cook told me to take some Tylenol PM and come in first thing in the morning (he didn't want me to wait until my Tuesday appt.) I LOVE Tylenol PM! Instead of getting up to pee every 2 hours, I only got up twice the whole night! By this morning I was feeling sleepy but quite a bit better. On the way into Downtown I only counted 3 contractions. He checked my cerclage and it was perfect in tact and my cervix was completely closed so he sent me home (Thank God) on a week of bedrest. Bedrest with Twins - yeah right! Well, at least Brent is home with me all week to help out. What a way for him to get to spend his vacation. That sucks! Hopefully he can find someone to go fishing with so he can at least have one day of R&R for himself.
For my bedrest, we have de-cushioned the couch and made a huge cushioned floor in the living room that we all fit on, so we are just going to camp out there and ride this thing out. Hopefully the contractions will stop and I will just have to be really careful not to get myself in this situation again.
Mom and Dusty are going to take the babies to the fair on Thursday. I will get some time to rest, but I am super sad that I will miss them getting to feed the goats in the petting zoo for the first time. :( I will send the camera so I have some pics to post.

2 comments:

Randi said...

That's too bad, but it's good that you're resting & taking care of yourself and the baby! You're lucky to have family close by, we feel the same way!

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

Oh no! You guys will be in my prayers, just be sure to take it easy. And if you ever need any help with the kids or anything, I can watch them.