Saturday, July 3, 2010

I'm Bored.... So I'll Blog

I'm so tired of being tired and unable to do anything. The fact that it has rained for the past 3 days thanks to Hurricane Alex has not helped. This past week the kids have been sort of terrible but I know they are bored too so I can hardly blame them. My Mom has been helping me out all week with the kids, the housework and cooking supper in the evenings. I am so happy when she is here and the kids really like it too! Speaking of the kids being terrible, can someone please tell me how to make them listen when you tell them NO? I feel like I am constantly telling them NO jumping on the couch, NO pulling on the blinds, NO hitting the fireplace screen, NO pulling your sisters hair, NO, NO, NO! I sometimes feel like a bad Mom for saying NO so much. Sometimes they even get a good pop along with it and nothing seems to work. They always go right back to the bad behavior. Help please!!!

Ok, so they aren't terrible kids all the time. Maybe today was just a bad day. Let me tell you about it... Brent was home today and we had nothing planned since I'm supposed to be "taking it easy". But then out of the blue this morning he told me to call the show and see what times Eclipse was playing!!!! What!!!! I was all sorts of excited because if you know my husband he hates going out. We rarely go out to eat and the maybe once a year to the movies. So I was pretty excited, but he knew that I really wanted to go see Eclipse and I think he was feeling bad for me that I had not been out of the house since last Sunday when I came home. We went to the 1:30 show this afternoon hoping it wouldn't be too crowded. We dropped the kids off at his Mom's for them also to get a little time away from the house. The only thing is that they do not take naps at Mimi's house. She only has one pack n' play and they can't seem to sleep anywhere but a crib or a pack n' play and not in the same one at the same time. So when we got back to get them they had not had a nap and by then it was really too late so we just kept them up when we got home. Now, we have skipped nap time before and every time we did, we swore that we would never let that happen again. Today was no different. They were awful this evening and we could not wait for our sweet angels to go to bed. In fact, we put them in their beds at 7:15pm and they were out in like a second. Now I just hope they don't wake us up tomorrow at 6am! Ugh!!!

I just realized that Camron and Olivia are 21 months old today! So let me take a little time to note some of the things they are doing at 21 months. Olivia likes to sing - mostly in baby language and the only song we recognize is Row, Row, Row Your Boat. She can count to five. She is talking in phrases now like "I love you Mama, Dada, Bubba, Momo, Mimi", "Bubba, No". She says Bye, Bye to everyone and everything. She know all the body parts. And she constantly "takes inventory" of everything she sees. She eats like a pig and she still LOVES her baby-ish. Camron is so cute and sweet. He could care less about counting or body parts. He talks good too but mostly sticks to one word and just repeats it like 50 times in a row. He still is amazed by balls and tractors. We bought him a basketball goal and he spends his time trying to make baskets. Oh, and I think I mentioned before that neither of the kids has ever cared about watching TV and they still really don't - except for one movie - Michael Jackson's This Is It. I know it sounds crazy, but the other night Brent and I watched it for the first time and the kids, especially Camron, were like zombies for the entire movie. After each song they clapped and it was amazing. I later found out that while I was in the hospital Brent used this as his secret tool to calm the kids down when they tried to get out of control for him. LOL. So now, we have it recorded on our DVR to play for them in times of crisis or when we need a break. Ahhhh! Just this past months both kids are able to climb on the couch and recliner, and both can eat with a fork fairly well. They love to go outside, love to play in the pool, love their shoes, love chips. Camron LOVES to drink out of a cup with a straw. And Camron's favorite phrase is "shorts on" - it's the first thing he wants to do in the morning - put his shorts on.

The only update I have for Cooper is that I saw Dr. Cook on Tuesday and he told me to do absolutely nothing for the next four weeks. Except to come see him once a week. He told me to make it to August - So this is my new goal. I will be 32 weeks this next week and I have not had any sign of bleeding. I am still contracting but nothing progressive for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww...your kids are BIG fans of Michael Jackson! How funny! =) Did you enjoy Eclipse? We did. We, too, have skipped nap time and sworn it would never happen again....only to have let it happen again! Those days with no naps can be rough, for kiddos and parents. I hope you guys had a nice Independence Day celebration and were able to get out and about within your means. Hang in there, Dory!
~Dawn