Wednesday, July 14, 2010

34 Weeks and Counting...

I have made it to 34 weeks and I am super excited! While I am still on "light duty", I finally feel more relaxed about the whole situation. I see my doctor every Tuesday now and I have news from yesterday's visit. My OB, Dr. Cook, was busy yesterday so I saw his nurse practitioner (whom I also love) and she said that I had a small trace of blood in my urine and she ordered an anatomy scan ASAP. She knows I travel from out of town, so she called Dr. Palmer's office to see if they could squeeze me in that same afternoon. Luckily they said to come at 1:20. I was excited because the last time I had a "big ultrasound" was when I was in the hospital and I was curious to see how much he had grown. At that time Cooper weighed 4lbs. 8ozs. At the scan yesterday he weighed in at 5lbs. 13ozs. He is already almost 6 pounds! He is growing perfectly except that he has a small head. I didn't know if I should worry about this or not but Dr. Palmer assured me that his brain was growing at the perfect rate and there is nothing to worry about - and that I have a small head it should be expected. Let's not forget about Camron and his big head that he obviously got from his Daddy! LOL! So I'll have one big head son and one small head son! Ha! Not like it will be freakishly small... It's just a little small. Just to clarify! In other good news, it seems that my previa has moved itself away from my cervix and it is no longer a major concern. Yay! They performed a stress test on the baby and he passed, so I have a happy, normal, stress free baby that is growing like crazy! I am hoping next week at my OB appointment Dr. Cook will be giving me a delivery date. Hopefully he will still aim for a 37 week scheduled C-Section. I am getting really big and achy now, but I think I can hold out for 3 more weeks!
Camron and Olivia are doing great too! They are just a little bored at home all the time and it is just too hot for us to go outside anymore. Some evenings when Brent gets home early they are able to go out for a little bit. We did venture out to the Museum last Friday, but none of our friends were there and even Mrs. Cheri was gone. So we didn't stay very long and instead went to Pizza Hut with Momo and Dusty for some yummy lunch.

No comments: