Thursday, January 19, 2012
New Year, New Me!
How cliche is it that it's a new year and I feel the need to be a new me? Right? Doesn't everyone start a new year with the hope that they too will change some aspect of their lives? Well, I mean it! And I am going to stick with it! Ever since my kids were born, I have been feeling like my mind and my body aren't really mine anymore. It's strange, I know, but it's about time I do something about it! I made an appointment with a doctor at the end of December and my blood was tested to rule out any "medical" conditions and my anxiety and stress were discussed. I am planning on managing some of these issues with vitamins, nutrition and exercise. Lord knows, I need help! I am not a terrible eater, but I'm not a good one either. Make sense? Ok, I'm not a snacker or a sweet craver, but, I do not eat veggies. Basically meat and potatoes is a good way to describe my diet. :) Anyway, I have a plan. As for the exercise I am really going to go with what I love and that is Pilates. We are also going to get a good treadmill. I just have to do it! I really do not need to lose any weight, but I always feel so good after I do Pilates. It's the stretching and breathing that I absolutely love! The treadmill will be for toning and heart rate workouts. For the extra nutrition and vitamins I am diving head-first into a product line that I have used in the past and I believe in 100%. I am so excited to start using and sharing these products! Also, I plan on using this blog as a place to hold myself accountable and also to share my progress with all of you! Maybe you would like to join along? If you are interested in what products I'm talking about, ask me! Otherwise, I'll mention them as soon as I start this new, healthy lifestyle. Which will be really soon! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Dory,
I was wondering what sort of Pilates you do? My boss does private pilates sessions three times a week, and she loves it. I'd love to go to some of the group classes, but they are very expensive. Do you have a pilates DVD or do you go to a class in EC?
Post a Comment