So, I'm not really sure how I am going to do this blog. I mean, I haven't blogged since Halloween and there is so much to fit in. I may just make it really brief or this post may have two parts. LOL. I guess I'll figure it out as I go...
Christmas this year seemed really easy. As compared to last year. Maybe my kids being older is really starting to get much more easy on us. Or maybe because we missed one of the family celebrations and another wasn't until after Christmas. Idk, but I liked it! It just always seems like such a busy time and everybody is overly tired and usually too grouchy to enjoy themselves. The one we missed out on was the York Family Christmas. Every year it is at Mindy and Gary's house on Christmas Eve... Always. But this year they just were not able to host since Gary just very recently had both of his knees replaced (Yay!!!)! Anyway, so Brent's Aunt and Uncle and Cousin who live in Bryan took over. And since it was on a weekend that Brent had to work, we decided not to go. I just wasn't sure I could have traveled with the kids all by myself. I just imagined Livy needing a potty break somewhere along the way and me having to pull into a random McDonalds and having to unload all three and well, yuck yuck! That made my decision for me, and we just stayed home.
So, our actual Christmas festivities started out on Dec. 23rd at Memaw Kana's. The kids got some great stuff and they (especially Olivia) had fun running around with Kasey and Maddi! Here is a pic of the little girls in their new tutus!
The next evening we had our Christmas with my Mom and Dad and Drew and Dusty. Mom tried to "outdo" Santa this year and the kids each had a ton of gifts under her tree! And they weren't complaining! I think I didn't have my camera that night so I'll try to get some from Dusty and post them later.
Christmas Eve we had Labay Family Christmas with Brent's parents. Ever since these kids have come along this is my favorite one! It's all about them and they really have a good time. And they get a ton of great stuff over there too!
Just now looking at these pics I remembered that Cooper was sick on Christmas Eve! That morning he woke up feeling a little warm. I went to take his temp, with my ear thermometer, and as soon as I put that thing in his ear he started crying. I pulled it out and it still registered a 101 temp. So I called the clinic and they were out until Tuesday! That was 4 days way! Off we went to the emergency room. And sure enough he had an upper respiratory infection and an ear infection in his right ear. Poor little guy. The antibiotics helped and he also got some ear drops for pain and he was feeling better right away! Thank goodness!
Ok, yeah I just decided that the "BIG" Christmas is going in another post! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment