Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Boy, do I have some news...

Well, Camron and Olivia are going to be 15 months in a few days and they are keeping us really busy. Life has been going along just great - no worries, no pressures. So let me start with the explaining first before I get to the "big news": I have severe endometriosis and my Doctor had been trying to treat my condition with birth control pills to try to stall it's growth until I was ready to try to have another baby. We haven't felt like we were quite ready yet and wanted to wait until the kids were a little bit older. But, the medications were making me feel a bit yucky so Brent and I decided (without my Doctors opinion) to stop all the medications and what ever happened would happen. Since my diagnosis I have been told that without medical intervention (IVF) it would be almost impossible to get pregnant on our own, so we weren't too worried about "trying" and we decide that we would be happy with only having 2 kids. Well, for two weeks now I have been feeling a little crappy and just assumed I was fixing to start my period (sorry, TMI). I didn't even know if I was late because all of this was the furthest thing on my mind. Anyway Sunday I took a test and BFP (big fat positive)! I'm pregnant. I called my Doc right away and he rushed me in to confirm - there is a little baby in there! ONE little baby! We are very surprised, a little nervous and completely happy! My doctors are so crazy and they kept joking with me saying it's amazing what a bottle of wine can do... or in our case a 12 pack of Coors Light! LOL! I am very early though, only about 4 weeks from what Dr. Cook could tell and that puts my due date basically on the day MY SISTER IS GETTING MARRIED!!! Ugh, I feel so bad - she is now thinking about moving her date back.
So is that some crazy news or what?????

4 comments:

~Sophia & Noah's Mommy~ said...

Wow- I was just having this same conversation with someone about women who have to have IVF and then becoming pregnant naturally right after. Its almost like the pregnancy fixes your body. Congrats what a blessing! :)

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

I have heard that also. What wonderful unexpected news. I am so happy for you guys.

Christy and Billy said...

Oh My Gosh! Congratulations. Isn't it amazing the way things work out. I am so happy for you two and hope everything goes better with this pregnancy. I'll keep looking for updates!

Jeanine Stehling said...

That's awesome! Congrats! Three makes everything extra fun and busy! :))