The funeral was yesterday and everything went well. The service was very nice and there were a lot of people there. Most of all, the babies behaved wonderfully! I was worried I may have to walk out of church with one of them at some point, but I didn't. They lasted through the mass service, the burial service (with a firearm salute) and the reception afterwards. When we got home they were crashed out!
Speaking of crashed out, Camron is now sleeping on his tummy (ugh). Since the whole unswaddling he was not sleeping good at night. Most times he would roll onto his tummy and fuss until I came to his rescue. We would do this several times a night until I would finally give up and put him in his swing for the rest of the night. And even in the swing he would wake up every couple of hours for me to give him his paci back. Then a few nights ago one evening before Brent and I went to bed I checked on the kids and Camron was sleeping on his tummy and hadn't fussed getting there. We were freaked out because of all the SIDS worries. What if he moved and got his face face down and suffocated???? We just couldn't leave him that way and flipped him over. Well, this night turned out like all the rest and we were up every few hours. The next day I read a lot on the internet about all of this and everything said that if they are strong enough to turn themselves over they would be fine sleeping on the tummy. So, night before last we decided to give it a try. I was so worried and I think I got up at least 10 times during the night to check to see if he was still breathing and he was fine. In fact he slept like a ton of bricks!!! I mean I don't think he has ever slept so good and hard in his life! In the morning I had to wake him up (usually it's the other way around) and he was all stuffy and puffy from sleeping so hard. So we did it again last night with the same great result. I'm still so worried, but I'm sure everything will be fine. When did everyone else start to let their little ones sleep on their tummies? Olivia on the other hand sleeps just fine all night long on her back unswaddled! Good Girl!
2 comments:
Jake was a tummy sleeper from the day he came home from the hospital. It was the only way he would actually get some sleep. We tried putting him on his back but he would cry and cry until we moved him to his tummy...then he would sleep so soundly. I remember checking on him all through the night (just like you) but everything turned out just fine. Just remember not to put anything in the crib with him...blankets, animals, pillows, etc... Good Luck with it all!!!
Zoe was also a stomach sleeper. I found a monitor that monitors for breathing that you can put under the mattress. It is called "Angelcare Movement Sensor with Nursery Monitor". I couldn't find the website for it - just where it is sold. We decided not to buy one because Zoe was rolling over by the time I found it and I figured she'd roll off of it all the time - but it might be something to help you put your mind at ease.
Post a Comment