Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving was great this year!  Unfortunately, though we missed the York Family Thanksgiving at Aunt Sue's house.  I was not feeling too great - lets just say the female body has a funny way of "getting back to normal" after giving birth.  Maybe having two kidney stone surgeries on top of that didn't help either.  Ugh.  Anyway, that evening my sister and her husband were hosting my side of the family at their house in Ganado.  This was the first time I had ever been to my sisters house!  She comes to mine almost daily and I had never been to hers.  Bad sister! 
I'm so glad we went!  They have the best little house right on Lake Texana!  It's a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom log house on almost 50 acres.  They have cows and horses and quail and wild deer everywhere!  So different from what we are used to and my kids LOVED it!  We took their little 4-wheelers and they had plenty of room to drive around.  They (well, Cam) got to pet the horse and even sit on it!  Livy was a little scared and enjoyed them from a distance.  It was nice to spend time with my family and the food was AWESOME!  Here are some pics I took:

Livy with her hands "loaded" to throw rocks in the pond.

Camy on the horsey!
 
Cam, Smoke (the horse) and Bert and Dusty

Dusty and Bert's house - Guys on the porch frying the turkey!
You can see Lake Texana in the background

Uncle Bert with Cooper!
Momo and the kids on the mule... Camy wouldn't get off.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dory, I'm sure you don't need anyone to tell you this....but....your kids are absoultely adorable! I'm liking your new camera and all the pics you've been posting. So glad you all had a great Thanksgiving! We have MUCH to be thankful for!
~Dawn