Thursday, April 8, 2010
I have a Garden!
A few weeks ago my awesome neighbor came over and dug me a garden in the back yard. He has a tractor and my friends husband (neighbors son-in-law) drove it over and with one swipe of the plow thingies I had a garden! We are not veggie eaters so I was unsure of what I should plant. I do occasionally cook with peppers and onions so those were some of my selection and also we will eat fried squash, so I chose some of those too. Then, for the prize harvest I choose Strawberries! These strawberries were actually the main reason I even dreamed of a garden in the first place. Here's the story... When I was young we stayed at my Grandma and Grandpa Kana's house during the summer and whenever else we needed somewhere to go. Grandpa Kana always had this huge garden and he always planted rows and rows of strawberries. It was our job to go out and pick them when they were ready. No problem since I absolutely LOVE them and I always knew Grandma would have me a little dish with a small pile of sugar on it ready for me to dip my freshly-picked strawberries in. Maybe that's why I had so many cavities when I was little. Hmmm? Oh, and also I planted some Marigold's too because my Mom read somewhere that if you have them in your garden that the bug will munch on them before they munch on your other plants. Ok.
So today I go to check the progress and do some watering when I found this! My very first veggie I have ever grown! I'm so proud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yea garden fresh veggies, looks great. Enjoy them. I hope your strawberries do great, we've never had much luck growing them.
Post a Comment