Dewberry Cobbler
2 cups Flour
2 cups Sugar
2 cups Milk
2 cups Fruit
3 tsp. Baking Powder
2 sticks margarine
In 350 degree oven melt the margarine in a 9x13 inch dish. Mix the dry ingredients together and add milk, stir well. Pour in the buttered pan and add the fruit. Sprinkle well with sugar and bake for 45 mins. or until golden brown.
Well, I thought 2 sticks of butter was too much and it was. One stick would have done. While it was baking and the butter was puddling on top I would occasionally take it out of the oven and pour some of that butter down the drain. My cobbler was good. I'm not much on hot mushy fruit but dewberries are good anyway you make them. But as for the rest of what I have left in my bucket... I will eat them, one by one, all by themselves!

2 comments:
I made this cobbler today after we went out dewberry picking this morning! I only used 1 stick of butter and it wasn't bad! Thanks for posting this....I had all the ingredients it called for and it was SUPER easy! ~Dawn
I made it, too. I took it to our Mother's Day family gathering and it was a HIT!! Thanks, Dory!
Post a Comment