Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dory's Dinners - EASY Chicken & Dumplings

Ok, so I just had to post this because it was ridiculously easy. My husband loves chicken and dumplings and I do not. So I sort of cringed when we were making our menu plan on Sunday and this was one of the first things he came up with. Ughhhh.. Well, I had made it before but I couldn't really remember so I went to my Allrecipes.com Dinner Spinner App on my iphone and found this EASY recipe. The reviews are good too and it smells like I might just give it a try myself.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tbs. butter
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 onion, finely diced
2 pkgs. refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
**** I added spices (s&p) and instead of using so much water you might use chicken broth or stock for added flavor. Also, shread the chicken between two forks after it has been cooked all day - I did mine just as I was adding the biscuits.
Place chicken, butter, soup and onion in a slow cooker and fill with enough water to cover.
Cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 mins. before serving (I did it 2 hours before upon the suggestion of the reviewers of the recipe) place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

No comments: