Friday, October 14, 2011

Pumpkin Patch 2011

An annual event here in El Campo is the Pumpkin Patch.  It is put on by a local sorority and it is where we go for our pumpkins and also to TRY for some fall pictures of the kids.  There are "photo op" areas set up all around for you to plop your kids in front of and snap some shots.  It's fun for the kids and a great yearly adventure, but every year I say NEVER AGAIN!  I know, I'm a poor sport, but this is really a pretty stressful event for me.  It is crowded and crazy.  The kids are running around looking for pumpkins and not the least bit interested in taking pictures.  Then, when you finally get them all sitting in the same spot they are looking around at everything and everybody else so I almost never get a pic of them all looking at me.  I think it's just too large of an event in a too small of space and I just sort of makes me a crazy lady.  ;) 
Anyway, even though I'm griping and complaining about it, I'm sure you'll see me there again next year.  It's one of those things that are horrible at the moment but then when you think about it later - maybe it wasn't so bad.  Ugh!
So here are my pics of the day.  The conditions and lighting at the Pumpkin Patch weren't great, so as soon as we made it back home with our pumpkins I tried for some better shots in the front yard. 
Seriously, this is the best one I got of all 3!

Cutie Cam!

Love this little Pumpkin!

Before we got there he said he was going to pick out the biggest pumpkin he ever saw! 
He was happy with his selection!

Livy Lou!

I love this one except that Livy is looking down.  ;(  I need one of those photo fixers where you can replace closed eyes with open ones!  I used to have a friend that was an excellent photoshopper - she could have fixed me up!


Now, here is what 99% of my photos taken that morning looked like!  LOL!

1 comment:

Britni said...

Adorable pics! I can photoshop if you have another picture with Livy looking up. Just email both pics to me and I'll fix em up. Such handsome little boys and a precious Livy! Send her over if she ever needs some girls time.