The week after the kids BDay party Brent took vacation and we left on Sunday afternoon bound for San Antonio. Cooper stayed with my parents. We stayed at a nice hotel right across from Sea World which we thought was the perfect place. Our plan was to wake up early on Monday morning and go to Sea World and stay there all day. Then on Tuesday we would go to the Zoo and then on Wednesday we would stop at the Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch on the way home. So Sunday night after we got all settled into the hotel Brent told me to look to see what time Sea World opened in the morning to we could set our alarm so I'm looking it up and next to the date it said CLOSED. I was just on my iphone so I though I wasn't reading it right or something, so I called my Mom to look it up on the computer and make sure that what I was seeing was right.... Yup, CLOSED!!! I seriously could have cried! We had spent all this time hyping the kids up about Sea World and they were so excited and now we have to tell them we aren't going! OMG! Now, we are in San Antonio with almost nothing else to do (kid friendly) because most other places are only opened seasonally too - like Fiesta Texas. Anyway, so thank goodness the Zoo was still opened!
So this is how it went now...
Sunday evening we took the kids to Build A Bear at the shops at La Centera - this was a BDay surprise and it was anything goes - get whatever you want! This was the first time they had ever been to BAB and they loved it! And I was glad Brent was with us... we all had a really good time with it! Monday we went to the Zoo and then to Peter Piper Pizza that evening for pizza and fun. And Tuesday we journeyed home (a day early) and did stop at the Wildlife Ranch and also went to a huge Halloween Store in New Braunfels to pick out Halloween costumes. We still had a ton of fun and we were all very worn out from our little trip!
| The main reason for going to SA Zoo! The Hippos! Our Houston Zoo doesn't have them! |
No comments:
Post a Comment