Ok, so I promised that this next post would be all about the wedding. Well, I have sort of been sidetracked this week and unable to much of anything, much less blog. I'll go ahead and dedicate this post to my unpleasant health issue and I'll talk about the wedding in another post.
Monday morning I woke up at 6am with the most terrible back pain I have ever had. My back has been hurting since having Cooper, but I figured it was all related and doing pilates after having the twins did the trick so I was 6 weeks out and ready to try that again. But this pain was different and almost breathtaking. I waited until about 7:30 just before the kids were going to be waking up to call for help. I called my Dad to see if Mom was up yet, maybe she could come deal with the kids for a bit while I try to get past this. But by time she got here, I was in so much pain that I had already thrown up twice and none of the kids had been tended to. I just couldn't. Luckily she got here quick - she must have known it was serious for me to call for help. I was freaking out thinking something was going wrong inside of me and surely it had something to do with my c-section. There was no way I could endure a ride into downtown Houston to my doctor, so I called the clinic here in town. I was told they would not see me since it probably had something to do with me having just had a baby. OMG. In a panic, I called my mother-in-law to come stay with the kids and Mom and I got in the car and headed to Houston. This was the most miserable day of my life! When I got to my OB I had to see another doctor on his team (on short notice) and I really never have liked her. So anyway, she came in and made me feel stupid like it had nothing to do with my c-section. I was so upset and felt like no one wanted to help me and I felt like I was dying. So I started crying. Finally she takes me seriously and tries to help me. She got nicer and said don't worry, I'm going to help you get help. She said that it sounded to her like it was kidney stones. What??? Your kidding. I have never had kidney stones and I would have never imagined that this was the problem. She got me in for a CT Scan immediately at the imaging center for confirmation. By this time it was late afternoon. I was still in pain and I was so tired of waiting in doctors offices all day. So the tech comes out and has a cd of my scan results but only tells me to go back to my OB's office right away. Holy Crap. I was sort of thinking the worst at this point - still not knowing what is wrong with me. I got back to Dr. Cook's office and they whisked me to the conference room and gave me the news. Kidney Stones! They got me an appointment with a wonderful urologist on the spot. He is in the same building so we hurried up. Dr. Shu is awesome! He explained everything so perfectly and explained how we were going to treat me and my 9 kidney stones. Yes, I said NINE! First we have to get rid of this one nasty one that is causing me so much pain. He said he will give me until Friday to pass it. If not, I will have to have surgery. He sent me home to pee in a strainer and pop vicodin like crazy. Wednesday I went back to see him and he ultrasounded my stone and reported that it had not moved at all and the chances of me passing it on my own were not good. Plus, I was sick from all the vicodin and I was still in a lot of pain and I decided I just wanted this thing out! We scheduled surgery for Friday and it couldn't come fast enough! So, here I am - One day after surgery and I feel wonderful! He got the stone out and inserted a stint in my urinary tract so that any debris or other smaller stones could come out freely. I have to keep that in for a week, but I don't even feel it in there, so no big deal.
So, this is my crazy life. My sister got married on Saturday, I am planning a two year Birthday Party, I have a six week old baby, my sister is gone on her honeymoon - And did I mention - My Husband has been working in Falfures since Sunday!!!! Yes, I have had to be sick all week without him here for me. :( Luckily, I have a wonderful Mother and MIL! My Mom basically moved in with us all week. Thank Goodness!!!
2 comments:
OMG Girl, I wish I lived closer. That is EXACTLY what happened to me with mine! I had 15 of those suckers and they sucked!! I totally feel your pain! :( I remember the hospital treating me like that too so I took my butt to another b/c I was in so much pain. I can't imagine having to drive to Houston though! :(
Did they tell you you probably won't get them again since the surgery? That's what they told me!
ugh, poor thing! You are super busy right now.. you are doing an amazing job!
~M~
Oh how awful! I tell ya, kidney stones always sound like one of the most horrible things on earth to me. I hope that this will be a solitary event for you. Hang in there!
Post a Comment