My son is already overweight and he is barely 6 weeks old! Yesterday was his one month appointment (over a week overdue) and he weighed in at a whopping 11lbs. 11ozs. At his two week doctor's appointment he weighed 8lbs. 8ozs. What a gain! I knew he was gaining quite well but I never expected this. So, turns out he is a little piggy and Mommy was just letting him stuff his self like crazy. A baby his age should eat 24-26 ozs. per day, but Mr. Cooper was feasting on almost 32ozs.! The problem was that every time he "acted" hungry, I would feed him and also he ate a ton at night and I just assumed that is why he was sleeping so good. Surely I didn't want to cut back on those feedings and jeopardize MY sleep!
Anyway, I am following the rules now and only feeding him 4ozs. every 3 to 3.5 hours during the day. I started yesterday after the doctor visit and it's been hard. The night went surprisingly good and he only woke up once after at good 6 hour stretch. But the in-between feedings during the day are rough. If he's awake, he is crying and acting hungry - I was told to try the paci (which he really doesn't like) or to give him a little water to get him by. Hopefully he will get used to this new schedule soon - poor little guy. I feel bad, but Dr. Dimmeck assured me that he is NOT starving and that this behavior gets better around 8 weeks old.
Gosh, with Cam and Livy it was good to eat, eat, eat - gain, gain, gain! I looked back at Livy's chart and she only weighed 6lbs. 8ozs. at one month. (I couldn't find Cam's)
Ok, so that is all I have time for today. My sister is getting married on Saturday and I have a crap-ton of stuff to do. My next blog will be all about the wedding and a ton of pics of my babies all dressed up for the occasion!
No comments:
Post a Comment