Monday, February 8, 2010

Superbowl Taco Soup

So, for the past week Brent has been saying that he just wanted to stay home for the Super Bowl.  I went out of my way trying to find something great that I could make while watching the game.  He and the kids love cornbread (me, not so much) so I wanted to something to pair it with.  I found this EASY recipe for Taco Soup and it was a done deal.  Then, the day of, he made other plans for us to watch with his family so Taco Soup would have to wait.  Then at the last minute he just wanted to stay home again - uggggghhhh!   My meat wasn't thawed so we ordered Los Cucos and ate in.  So my Super Bowl Taco Soup will be tonight.  I wanted to share the recipe because it is so darn easy and I know my Momma friends would like that.

Taco Soup (recipe in CafeMom Newcomers Club)


2 lbs ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 can pinto beans
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can stewed tomatoes, Mexican-style
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 package taco seasoning mix (optional)
1 package Original Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (dry)
2 1/2 cups water or more, to make soup broth

Brown ground beef and onions in a large pan, and drain off fat. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for an hour or so. When ready, serve in big soup bowls, and have a skillet of hot cornbread to eat, too.

1 comment:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Yum, sounds great. I bet you could easily make this in the crockpot too!