Sunday, February 28, 2010

At least the cookies made it to College Station!

So yesterdays trip to College Station was only successful in the fact that the cookies made it to the party on time. Everything else was a bust and there will be no pictures to go along with this post! The day started good we were all excited to get on the road and the weather was perfect for a nice drive. My sister came with us and the kids love her and turns out I needed the help so I am so happy she came. We only got lost once and set us back about 20 mins. but what do expect - when Brent asked if I mapped out our route my response to that was "There's an app for that". Maybe I should have planned better. Ugh. So we get there just fine and in perfect time. We walk into Chuck E Cheese and the girl wanted to stamp our hands and Camron freaked out and from this point on it was a disaster. I had to hold him the entire time. We saw Michelle, barely told her hi and handed her the cookies and took off to change diapers and calm down a little. There were kids everywhere and the games were loud and flashing and apparently totally scary to one year olds that stay home with Mommy all day. The restrooms in Chuck E Cheese were cramped and the changing station was in the doorway and people were coming in and out so we thought we would go into the Mall and use the restrooms in there. I had to continue holding Camron because he would not walk on his own and didn't even want Dusty to hold him. Once we found the restrooms they were sort of yucky and the changing station in there was out in the open too and maybe it's just me, but I didn't want to change two diapers with a line long of other people watching my little naked babies laying up on that nasty thing. I have got to say at this point I am really appreciating our wonderful First Colony Mall. Our restrooms are AWESOME and they even have family rooms that are so private and have locks on them - you can even breast feed or pump in them and everyone fits in the room - even the stroller. Anyway, so I decided we would go back out to the car and I would change them in the back of the Yukon. Once we were done with that, I was already so exhausted we decided to just go ahead and go home. The kids still needed to eat lunch and run around a little before I put them back in the car for the ride home, so we found a McDonalds. This one was across from the college, so there was no playground! Ugh. Turns out that was OK. They ate their Happy Meals so good and liked sitting at the booth like big kids so they were finally happy babies again. Back in the car and we headed home. When we got back they played and played and cousin Avie even came over and they all had a blast. I was exhausted and man, am I feeling it today! I am so bummed that I barely got to see Michelle and that we missed out on the kids Birthday Party. Also, I didn't get any of my shopping done. Other than the restrooms they have a really great mall and a lot of great stores. Too bad. :(

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sorry to hear that Dory. If you come back you are always welcome to call me if you need to. I only live 5 mins from the mall.

Anonymous said...

Awww hugs!! Thanks so much for bringing them! I wish I could of visited with you all, but I totally understand!
Yeah-our mall is nothing like First Colony for sure!! I miss that place!

Send me your PP address again!

(I really appreciate you bringing them again!! Where did you get lost at?)

~M~