Thursday, February 11, 2010
My wonderful surgery experience and a few changes around the house.
For all the fear I had about yesterdays surgery I am feeling great and I must say, things couldn't have gone any better. My fears going in were for sure #1 the IV needle! Next, and I didn't tell anyone this, was dying. I know, that is stupid - I had 3 surgeries trying to have Camron and Olivia and I was fine all three times then. But this time I was a "real" Mom with live, healthy babies at home. What would they do if I died in surgery!!! Well, I'm alive - thank Goodness. So here is my story... My "Team of Doctors" are the best in the world and they proved that even more. I was to report to Dr. Cook's office at 7:30am. We waited a bit and finally we went to the meeting room and Dr. Melham greeted us. I had to sign a few papers and then he took us upstairs the the surgery center. We had a cozy little room across the hall from the operating room and I dressed (or undressed) and the anastesiologist (sp?) came in to do the IV. He asked if I have every had problems with anastesiea and I told him that is did make me neasous and he assured me they would give me something for that - good. Then the most wonderful thing happened - I got a numbing shot at the site where he would do the IV!!!! What!!!??!?! Did I mention this was the most wonderful thing in the world??? It was a tiny pinch that I barely felt and then in went the IV needle just like it was nothing! I walked across the hall and they hooked me up to the juice and as they were asking me about my twins at home I started to feel really sleepy. Then at the last second, in came the man I am in LOVE with (next to Brent) Dr. Cook. He leaned over me, told me good morning (with a brilliant glow about him) I said Hi, Dr. Cook (like a giddy schoolgirl) and that was it. Lights out for me. Next thing I knew, I was back in my cozy room with Brent and fully dressed and ready to go. He was laughing at me for mumbling something about a refrigerator and for the fact that I kept trying to fix my hair when they were taking out my IV - none of which I remember. And that is it! We were on our way home at 9:30am! I never puked and we stopped at Chic-Filet and I got those mini-chicken bisquits and they are awesome. What a great day. We got home and I crashed and slept most of the day. The kids were still at my Moms because they told me to stay off my feet for 2 days and then take is easy for about a week while I healed. Then this morning I was up at 6:30 ready to go get the babies. I am feeling great and I only feel a slight pain if I stand or sit for long periods of time. Brent went back to work, but I decided I would drive to Mom's and get them and see if Mom would come back home with us to help me with the kids. We have been trying to reduce the times I would need to lift the kids, not only for now, but for the entire pregnancy. The times I lift them (other than picking them up when they want me to - which I will have to stop doing) are when I put them in the car, put them in the booster seats for eating and putting them in bed and taking them out. So here are our solutions - the booster seats are now on the kitchen floor and I have to sit on the floor in front of them for feeding, I will have to wait for someone to come over and help me load and unload into the car and finally (this is the big one) we put the crib mattresses on the floor. As I am typing this is the very first time they are trying to sleep in their beds on the floor. So far, it's not working. Brent and I put them in there around 12:30 and it is now 1:48pm and they are still awake. They have emptied the dresser drawers a few times and all I hear is talking and laughing. I think Livy would be fine, but Camron is keeping her awake. My plan is to leave them in there until they are crying hungry or until they just pass out from tiredness. Hopefully it will be the second one, since I am now home alone and I would probably bust my stitch trying to get the mattresses back into the beds by myself. Well, wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad you're doing well, and hooray for no pukes! I had one of those numbing shots for an IV once and boy, they are nice.
I guess the twins are too young to teach them to climb up into their carseats themselves so all you have to do is buckle them in? I taught Pierce to do this when I was preggo w/ the twins, but he was a little older.
oh girl! I wish I was there to help you!! :(
They will get use to the changes, you take care of yourself and I know I am far, but PLEASE PLEASE call me if I can do anything at all! I am praying for the rest of this pregnancy to go by fast for you! HUGS!
~M~
I was praying for you that it would all go well, and I am happy to hear it has.
If you even need help with the kiddos I could always come help, even with play date I could come early and help you load and un load them.
Post a Comment