Sunday, August 9, 2009

The story of the cookies...

I had be trying to decide on the perfect party favors for the kids birthday party when I came across a lady on ebay selling homemade sugar cookies decorated with that yummy hard icing. They were the shape of a cupcake (which is our party theme) and she would write the name of the guest on the cookie - I thought the kids would love to take home a cookie with their name on it. The cookies were individually wrapped and sooooo cute! I was about to order and here comes Brent... he sweetly says, "Babe, you could make those"! Awww, my hubby thinks I can do anything and I kinda like it. So, instead of buying those cookies that night, we bought a cupcake shaped cookie cutter. I researched and tested many recipes for the cookies and icing and I think I have found some good ones. My Mother, who also believes in me, has bought me all sorts of "cookie making tools" and now I think I'm a pro. So, maybe I will try to make this a little side business for myself. So if anybody would like to give me a chance and order some cookies - that would be great. They would be great for birthdays, weddings, reunions or I could even make a cookie bouquet. All I ask in the beginning is for enough time to plan and perfect the order - I still am collecting cookie cutters so I may need to order ones to fit your theme. The prices for the cookies are as follows: $2.50 per cookie, $25.00 per dozen cookies and $2.00 per cookies for orders of 50 or more cookies. Also, I could make cookie bouquets starting at $30 and up. I will individually wrap the cookies and they will come out really cute! Here are some pics I have so far. These first ones are what my kitchen looked like while I was doing all my experimenting on different recipes - it was a wreck! The cupcakes will be what my party favors will look like when I make them for Cam and Livy's birthday party. The guests name will be written in the colorful top of the cupcake. This last pic is a shot of some of the other "first" cookies I made. The fish are really cute, but in this pic they are not done being decorated yet. In the end they will have more bright colors on them. I'll post those updated pics later. Also, tomorrow I am making more cookies and I will post those pics too. Pass the word!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you do transformers? I will need them by November. JK Your cookies are very cute.

kristian said...

they are really cute

Anonymous said...

Great job, these are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

I want a dozen cookies. I'll mail you the money. Make them whenever. They are for us. So any shapes, experiment, whatever. :) They look fabulous!

~M~

Jeanine Stehling said...

That is cute! Awesome job!! Cade is turning one in September. The theme is all sports....baseball, basketball, soccer, and football. Can I order a dozen cookies for Sept. 19th??

Jeanine Stehling said...

Those are so cute! Cade is turning one in Sept. and the theme is all sports....baseball, basketball, soccer, and football. Can I order a dozen for Sept. 19th?