Well, today is the first day that I am starting this blog. I figured its a good idea to start something like this not only for family and friends to view, but also for us to have as a family something to look back on. And now that I am officially a Stay-At-Home Mom I have a better chance of keeping up with it (well maybe)! In yesterday's Leader-News there was an article about Northside Center looking for my replacement and Gordon made comments about me. Here it is:
Northside Center seeks new head By BRENDA SOMMER bsommer@leader-news.com
The Northside Education Center is looking for an lead staffer after the current executive director resigned.
NEC Board President Gordon Sorrel said Dory Labay, fulltime executive director, left the job in September for medical reasons.
"She's since decided to stay home with (her twin) babies," Sorrel said. "I can't say that I blame her!"
He said the nonprofit center has not formally begun advertising for the position.
"We have put a blurb out through the Chamber of Commerce, and that's about all we've done," he said.
The position requires someone with a variety of skills.
"This is kind of a multi-tasking job, requiring somebody with good hosting skills, but at the same time, we need somebody that knows the ropes within a university, probably a college-degreed person, and someone with some computer skills," Sorrel said.
He said the board is seeking a person who can organize all sorts of classes, including GED, continuing education, certification and college credit courses.
"We work closely with the University of Houston-Victoria and Wharton County Junior College, and we'd like to offer more college credit courses through them," he said. "The person we hire is going to work with students as well as faculty, so it's a real interesting position, I think. For a retired teacher, this would be ideal."
Labay began the job in April as executive director of Northside Center, replacing interim executive director Bonnie Collins who was hired by the center's board Oct. 22, 2007.
Collins, who took over the position to stay until a fulltime executive director was hired, replaced longtime NEC Executive Director Irene Barr.
No comments:
Post a Comment